Multipress can trace its roots back to the 1920s and the Denison Engineering Company in Columbus, Ohio, one of the pioneers in the emerging field of hydraulic power. Their first C-frame press was developed just prior to World War II. In 1943, the product was given the name “Multipress”, and was aggressively marketed to American industry, largely in support of the war effort. In the following eight years, Denison built and sold 8,000 of these versatile machines, which represented more than 80 percent of the hydraulic presses sold in the U.S. during that period.
Over the following three decades, Denison concentrated on research and testing new valves, pumps, and control systems to make the Multipress faster, more affordable, and better suited to precision operations such as assembly, forming, deep drawing, coining, and compaction of valuable powdered materials. Much of this work was done in customer’s plants, often resulting in custom designed presses that later became standard designs.
Multipress became a stand-alone company in 1982, and in 1989 was acquired by Quality Products, Inc. Today, Multipress, Inc. continues to be a respected name in the industry, with a full line of bench, floor model, 4-post, and custom engineered presses with the latest in hydraulic and electronic control technology.